VOLUNTEER WITH THE ELDERLY AT A NURSING HOME
Read a book, have conversations, play a board game and give the gift of time to elderly persons. Spread some cheers and show you care for the elderly persons in our communities.
Gain experience and knowledge through voluntarism. Help support the work of staff in various initiatives.
- Assist with a global project(s), lend a helping hand nationwide in the USA and/or abroad as needed.
- Provide support as needed with grant-funded programs.
- Liaise with staff to gather organizational and programmatic information regarding programs for which organization seeks funding.
- Assist staff and support teams with fund raising events.
- Assist teams with research.
- Complete special projects and performs other related duties assigned
Duties include preparing presentations, organizing events, assist to complete project teams, help develop course materials…collect data, conduct interviews, analyze results, manage data.
Looking for exceptional communication skills since volunteers need to lead interviews and communicate complex technical information in the simplest way possible. Other essential skills and qualifications include:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Extensive knowledge in the area being researched
- Time-management skills
- The ability to empathize with others
- The ability to commit to lengthy, complex projects
ASSISTANT RESEARCH COORDINATOR
Assistant Research Coordinator help plan and help manage projects as well as help to oversee strategy and main objectives to help assess progression. They are responsible for helping to coordinate multiple Activities that are used to meet a project’s main goals. An Assistant Research Coordinator help oversee the entire process and offers strategic guidance to the committee members while ensuring proper communication between interdependent teams in the organization.
Recommended Volunteer Hours:
10 hours a week, weekly meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Helping to organize daily research activities based on the goals of the organization
- Help Devise new programs that support the organization’s objectives
- Assisting with sustainable goals for the organization
- Working with other departments to develop budgets and plans for the programs
- Help to Evaluate and assess research outcome strengths and weaknesses
- Help monitor projects and help oversee coordinators ensure goals are met
- Help coordinate Meeting with strategic partners to discuss program status and goals
- Help assist the marketing team to improve strategies
- Help to Actively promote the organization’s mission, vision, and values and help ensure volunteers incorporate these beliefs and values into their work outcomes
Skills & Qualifications
- High-level management and leadership skills
- Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Risk management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Cost control and budgeting skills
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- Organizational and multitasking skills
Position Level: Assistant Project Director and Resource Team